What is “gifts of hope”?
“Gifts of Hope” is the first social campaign initiated by the Cameroon Debate Association (https://debatecameroon.org/) in favor of local and community development. The initiative is an activity of the PARADE project (https://debatecameroon.org/fr/projet-parade/) for the Empowerment and Socio-professional Integration of Displaced Persons from North West and South West Cameroon, following the “Anglophone crisis” in Cameroon.
The aim is to provide periodic and permanent assistance to the displaced and the disadvantaged people during and after the crisis and even outside the crisis. During these donation campaigns, the displaced also benefit from medical, psychological or educational assistance.
What are the needs of the displaced?
Our studies show that the displaced people need:
– Arable lands
– Fund for financing their projects
– Scholarships and professional training
– Food (rice, vegetable oil, food, etc.)
– Clothes and shoes
– Health and sickness insurance
– Legal advice and assistance (loss of identity document, declaration of birth, etc.)
– Necessary for toilet and hygiene (soap, toothbrushes, towels, basic needs for nursling, robbing oil, etc.)
Who can give?
Anyone can offer donations to the displaced. We offer you the possibility of making a donation remotely via our Mobile Money accounts or of participating in donation campaigns with us in the field. Donating doesn’t matter, it’s the gesture that counts. 100fr can give hope to a displaced child.
About donation campaigns
We plan on average four (04) major donation campaigns per year for the displaced and the disadvantaged:
1st campaign: December-January
2nd campaign: March
3rd campaign: May
4th campaign: September
Management of donations received
Donations received are in no way intended for the Cameroon Debate Association or its projects. Donations are collected and made available to beneficiary communities. Each donation campaign is documented in writing or audio-visual. Donation managers are responsible for reporting to all donors and partners of the association.
How to support “The Gifts of Hope”?
Besides the donations themselves, our team needs visibility and traceability on its action.
- Give us a slice of the air in the press and the media
- Share our action around you, follow our donation campaigns on our Facebook page https://web.facebook.com/debatecameroon/